Hi, Anna-Liza here. Liz over at Kis*Knit tagged me for the eight random things meme, so here goes.
Oh wait–Lyda, this totally doesn’t get you off the hook. You’re going to have to get your inner concise writer (pot, meet kettle) out in the open and give us seven more random things.
Okay, here goes for reals:
1. My usual form of soothing brain candy when life gets all stressful is binge-reading Regency romances. It pretty much has to be Georgette Heyer, because if I run into a glaring anachronism it ruins the whole thing for me. (Her mysteries are fun, too). My reading in normal times runs more to history (especially religious history), mysteries, biographies, and, as Laurie puts it, “personal growthy” stuff. (Knitting is soothing, but I can still think about other things while I knit … usually).
2. I remember watching the original Star Trek and The Avengers with my dad, when I was a kid. Explains a lot, huh?
3. My (adult) daughter and I both think Johnny Depp is hot hot hot, and we’re not entirely sure if that’s cool or weird. Or both. Probably both.
5. I learned to drive in a 1967 Cougar XR7. A red one. In Texas. I loved That Car, but to this day I don’t know what my father was thinking, giving me That Car. There are some great stories connected to That Car, stories I really shouldn’t tell here. (Okay, maybe someday, but not now. I’m in the middle of a meme!)
6. I am about the most stubborn person you’ll ever meet, but most people have no idea about this and think of me as incredibly easygoing and patient. And I am! Being stubborn takes a lot of energy, so I only get that way about really important things. But when I do decide it’s important, well, just ask my husband.
7. When I’m all by myself in the car, I’ll sing loud with the radio. Favorites are Sarah McLachlan, Paolo Nutini, and Bohemian Rhapsody (do I have to say “by Queen’? Everyone knows that, right?) Oh, and I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones. Love the Ramones.
8. Burning Man is my emotional/mental home. Some people see me looking all boring and normal and have some difficulty with that concept. Me, I think one reason I was put on Earth is to shake up people’s preconceptions. I am absolutely serious about that.
Wow, eight whole things and not one of them had to do with knitting. Well, except Burning Man.
So, who to tag? Being a relatively new blogger, I don’t have a ton of blog-buddies to tag yet. Let’s see … some of you were unfortunate enough to have met me in person and now you’re IT!
Laurie (I know, you’re too busy, but I need to come up with eight people)
Sylvia (I dare you!)
And Lyda? I guess you’re off the hook for tagging people. But not for revealing ALL.