Lyda here. Beginning to come down from the high of my wonderful week at school. My second son “Chuck Norris” is leaving soon for New York, where he will probably forget all about his second mom (although not about the Resident Sith Master, his best friend and fellow zombie slayer).
So, to cheer myself up, some Random Weirdness. ‘Cause what’s a week without Random Weirdness?
2) For my dad, ’cause he was born in China and he would have laughed at this: “Panda poop to be recycled into souvenirs”
3) For Laurie: Yaks!
And BABY YAKS!!
Because the only thing better than yaks are baby yaks!
4) For Marin, today’s history lesson: August 1, 1876: Colorado becomes 38th state. New state is knitters stronghold, refuses to file down Pointy Mountains, citing need for stash protection.
5) August 1, 1981: MTV broadcasts for the first time. The first video shown was “Video Killed the Radio Star” by the Buggles. Ironic much? Whatev.
6) For Jennifer: Happy Lughnasadh and Happy Lammas ! Ha! I remembered this year. So there. (She knows why I should remember every year, and laughs at me because I usually don’t. Ah, good times, good times.) I told you to read our blog! Now you’re famous and you don’t even know it!
7) For Anglophiles: Happy Yorkshire Day!
8) For the Seattle contigent of my family: Men in Kilts!
9) Fast Times at Ridgemont High hits the big 2-5. “When it comes to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of ‘Led Zeppelin 4.’” Works for me. “Hey bud, let’s party!”
10) This summer makes it 30 years of Star Wars! Thank you, George Lucas, for giving us light sabers, R2D2, Yoda, and Princess Leia. Plus the eye candy of Han Solo, young Obi Wan, Mace Windu, and of course (this one’s for Anna-Liza):
May the Force be with you!