Lyda here, with a baker’s dozen of Ways to Have a Wicked Weekend.
1) Friday night, the Resident Sith Master and I ate fast food. Delicious Wickedness.
2) Plus, we rented the first “Die Hard”. Bruce Willis, barefoot, sweaty and takin’ out the trash. Hot Wickedness. (Although I think he looks better bald, don’t you?)
3) Saturday, I cleaned the bathroom. Ugh. Nasty Wickedness transformed into Shiny Clean.
4) I also took a trip to the grocery store – lots of diet soda. Addicted Wickedness.
5) Then I used the fact that I was doing the laundry as an excuse to sit on the couch and knit.
But instead I took an unexpected nap. I slept about three hours. Lazy Wickedness.
6) Later I worked on the Twisted Sister scarf. So named because it’s for Diva-In-Training, the Sith Master’s sister.
And because of the evil twisting of the ribbon yarn.
And mostly because it makes me want to scream “No more Twisted Sister!” (Bonus points: Name That Movie.)
Knitting the ribbon yarn is definitely Crazy Wickedness. But not in a good way.
7) The Sith Apprentice Cat stages an intervention and sat on the yarn. Trying to save what’s left of my sanity. When I reached for the yarn, he bit me. Feline Wickedness.
8.) Today I had a breakfast date. I got stood up. Again. (Yes, it was Mr. Stick-A-Fork-In-Him-He’s-Done Mud. I know. My bad for believing his excuse last time. No more, I promise.) There isn’t a bad enough word for that Wickedness.
9) So instead, I sat out on the patio for my first diet soda of the day, and plotted Payback Wickedness.
10) Eventually I noticed that my garden paradise was a bit less paradise than it used to be. My plants have been suffering from the heat and especially from the Week of No Watering (when I was in class). Wilting Wickedness.
11) I thought, “Hm, half an hour of gardening work and it will be wonderful.”
Three hours later…
But Weed-Whacking Wickedness was worth it. The garden is wonderful now.
12) I decided that my patio counts as a room, so I made progress on the CAP-inspired Deep Cleaning of the Century. But my hands hurt from all the work. So, Overwork Wickedness.
14) That led to getting out the quilting. I’m trying to decide on the pattern for the Cosmic Prince quilt. It’s not going well. The fabric is not behaving. More Fiber Wickedness.
Okay, that’s more than a baker’s dozen. But counting wrong is the least of the wickedness this weekend.