Hoo boy, Anna-Liza here, really. I’m way past due to get on this “Honest Scrap” list. Deadlines, deadlines, nothin’ but deadlines. Okay, so I’m supposed to tell you ten honest things about myself and, if so inclined, do the same for my cat(s). Hm. What have I got that I haven’t already told you? Oh well, if I repeat myself it’s nothing more than a sign of perimenopausal brain fatigue. Or a lack of interesting facts about me. Or that I talk way too much. Take yer pick.
- My hair has suddenly gotten wavy, at the age of 46. I have no clue what to do with it.
- When I was much younger, it was not unheard of for me to breakfast on a Coke and a Snickers. Why yes, I did live in Texas at the time, why do you ask?
- As sociable as I appear to be, I have a very strong “hermit” streak, and will periodically want to retreat to my bedroom and not come out for a month or so. Not that I ever actually get to do that. But I would if I didn’t need the damn paycheck.
- I actually enjoy being Rolfed.
- If I hear one more damn commercial talking about “redefining the ownership experience” or “enhancing the hair care experience” or “revitalizing the using-the-toilet experience” or whatever, I’m going to have an intense puking experience.
- I “hear” commercials, I don’t “see” them. I listen to the radio on the way to and from work, and I don’t watch TV.
- You may have noticed this, but I have a mad girl-crush on Havi. I sincerely hope this doesn’t scare her.
- I am developing a mad girl-crush on Naomi, too. (Shh, don’t tell Havi!)
- During allergy season (and only then), I am also slightly allergic to my cats.
- My vintage denim jacket? I bought that new.
Now for the kittehs. I think they’ll have to share a list, so without further ado, here are Moxie and Sparkle-kitty, AKA Tubalicious and The Demon Cat.
- Moxie gets pretty excited about the catnip mice, but she’s reached a mellow middle age and doesn’t see why anyone would want to jump around chasing a feather anymore.
- Sparkle doesn’t see why anyone would want to miss the feather-chasing experience. Or the ant-chasing experience. Or the ankle-grabbing experience …
- Moxie loves to sit in The Woman’s lap and purr, and will let The Woman knit so she will sit still longer.
- Sparkle loves to sit in The Woman’s lap and get her knitting as tangled as possible in the very short time she has available.
- Neither cat will confess who chewed the tip of The Woman’s brand new Addi Natura size 3 circulars.
- Both cats like to sleep on the foot of the Big People bed, even though they sometimes make a lot of noise when everyone should be sleeping.
- Sparkle is a skinny adolescent cat who still likes to jump on Moxie and try to get her to play.
- Moxie is a tubby middle-aged cat who just can’t be bothered to slap that Sparkle down more often than once or twice a day.
- Sparkle is floofy.
- Moxie is sleek.
Well then, that wasn’t so hard, was it?