Hey, Anna-Liza here. I believe I mentioned having the kidlets and Darlin’ K all away for a few days. And that I couldn’t make up my mind what to do?
Well, here’s what I did.
- Read one Rex Stout (Nero Wolfe/Archie Goodwin) book after another, like a four-year-old with a pumpkin full of Halloween candy.
- Took a ridiculous amount of time trying to decide what to wear for my photo shoot on Wednesday. This was a half-hour only, and I needed to bring two outfits, folks. Still took me hours to decide.
- Read every blog I have bookmarked at least once (and I’ve been finding and marking blogs for a few years now). Caught up on a couple I really love and had neglected due to chronic busyness.
- Made chili and my famous summer chicken salad. Ate almost all the chicken salad, froze half the chili. It’s finally getting warm enough for iced tea!
- Slept badly. It’s a normal side effect when Darlin’ K isn’t here. Yeah, I know, that’s cute. I’m not especially cute after a night like that, though. Not always a big problem except for those who have to look at me or talk to me, but see item 2.
- Drove my father-in-law’s big-ass SUV, praying gently all the while that nothing will happen to this car. Please.
- Got used to Started getting used to the idea of being a grandmother. And of Darlin’ K being a grandfather!
- Missed Knit Night, as that was the same night the kidlets came home. Bad week to miss it, what with the whole becoming-a-grandmother thing to talk about.
- Looked at lots of knitting patterns and examined my stash for appropriate yarns. Baby patterns, yes, and also I have some knitting to do for my Rolfer.
Some of the things I didn’t do, but thought about:
- Watch any movies whatsoever. I decided I liked quiet better than TV noise, even if it was TV noise I chose myself.
- Clean. Anything.
- Go through all my clothes and get rid of stuff. Although I will do this soon, I decided it isn’t anything that can’t be done when the kids are home.
- Go through all the kids’ clothes and get rid of stuff. Ditto.
- Eat fast food. Although I did have some leftover Chinese takeout.
- Meditate any more often or any longer than normal. Bad hippie chick.
- Knit more than usual, which I admit is strange. But it’s hard to put down Nero Wolfe, especially when Archie’s in top form.
- Practice spinning, even though I have all this lovely new fiber. Plus some lovely old fiber!