So. I’m moving. This weekend will be a turkey-fest, true, but it will also be a big purging and packing spree for me. So far the decisions have been easy on what to keep and what to sell at the garage sale. Saturday December 5 – Y’all come and bring your money! The garage is almost at capacity with boxes and I haven’t even moved any furniture out there yet.
But soon I will get to the point where what I keep depends on where I’m moving. It would be easier if I knew where I was going.
The possibilities include:
- staying in this area and living with friends for a month or three while I get my finances in order and decide on the next step
- staying in this area and renting a new tiny space if I can find one
- moving to San Antonio and staying with my stepmom while finding a job
- moving to Ohio and living with Gorgeous and Available Engineer Brother
- moving to Seattle and staying with Younger Brother and Fabulous Brother-in-law and Gorgeous Sister for a very short time
- moving to Colorado where the streets are paved with fiber – or at least that’s what I hear
The first choice on that list would be the easiest in terms of cost and time, and I would be able to keep my current job (a longer commute, but not too bad) and see the Resident Sith Master often. My friends are great and have a spare bedroom that they rent out sometimes, so it would not be an inconvenience for them. However, they have a not-cat-friendly dog, and I would have to find a new home for my two demon spawn adorable kittens. The cats seem to suspect something – they have been extra cuddly lately. Or maybe they are just cold – I still have to light the gas heater’s pilot light so we can use the heater. Hey, it’s getting down to 68, even 65 degrees at night now. If I go with this option, I will have one room and will take only what will fit in it. I am not renting a storage unit for my cheap Ikea/garage sale/street scrounged furniture. But parting with my washer and dryer will be hard.
Of course, I know most of you are voting for the final choice on the list.
Is it true that Colorado clouds are made of alpaca fleece and it rains yarn?