And by “tries to stay calm” I mean, “restrains herself from throwing herself bodily on people and pummeling them until the cops arrive.”
Humans get on my nerves.
- What they do: Allowing their personal cell phone to ring on and on and on… while having extremely loud annoying music, sounds, or whistling as the ring tone.
- What I hear: “I want everyone to think I’m popular. But I’m really so. very. lonely.”
- Having very long and very loud personal phone conversations.
- “Discretion? Isn’t that somewhere in Lithuania?”
Discretion is not in Lithuania. Everyone knows it’s in Santa Cruz. But I digress…
- Caller: “Can I speak to George?” (call is transferred to George)
- Less than one minute later: “Can I speak to George?” (call is transferred to George again)
- Another minute later: “Can I speak to George?”
- “I am uncomfortable with new-fangled technology like voice messages and tetanus shots. Perhaps I can have my manservant bring George an illuminated manuscript.”
- Voice message: “Hey, this is Jeff. Call me back.”
- “Dude, I am so stoned I don’t even realize I’m calling an office. Righteous!“
- “Hi, I’m returning a call. I don’t know who called me.”
- “I’m bored. Let’s play Twenty Questions.”
- “Hi, I got a missed call from this number?”
- My life is so empty…
My response to all this? HULK SMASH. But only in my mind.
And one thing that usually rolls right off my back but right now is “pound these people into the dirt for me, Hulk”-able:
- Misspelling my name in an email reply. It’s a small company. I have worked here almost five years. Plus, you are replying to an email I sent you that has my name at the bottom.
- Reading. It’s a job skill I do not have.
And yes, by new Pollyanna decree, any phrase can be turned into an adjective by adding “-able” to it. As in:
Today I feel all “set the Zombie Army on them”-able.
Also, the spell check refuses to believe that “new-fangled” is a word. I’ll have to send an illuminated manuscript to that company.
Obviously these people in the movie don’t know that the zombies are just trying to deliver the manuscript. Stop shooting my zombies, people!
Maybe they need some caffeine. I’ll have the zombies bring some coffee mugs too.
There I go, digressing again…