Lyda here. I was obviously off perfecting my hermit impression. Yeah, let’s go with that…
- Name something that sounds like it should be fun, but it’s really not. Going to a club. See this post on Wait But Why for a great explanation.
- If you went to a party where half the guests were bikers and half the groups were doctors, who do you think you would talk to most? The cat.
- When you tell someone to make themselves at home, what do you actually mean? Help yourself to a drink, take your shoes off, put your feet up, get a snack if you want one. I tell close friends and family “Welcome to your home” which means they are welcome any time and can stay as long as they like and pretty much do anything they want.
- Is it fair to get mad at someone for something they almost did? Yes. Attempted murder is still bad.
- Have you ever made a cake and not tasted the batter? That. Would. Never. Happen.
- Do you know someone who could make being stuck in a traffic jam fun? Oh yes! In fact, that could be one of my definitions of “people I want to spend time with”.
- Would you consider it negative OR positive if someone told you that you had really tight control over your emotions? Ah, the old question, Vulcan or Klingon. No one would ever tell me that, anyway.
- Does a critic’s review of a movie make any difference on whether you see it or not? No, unless I’m not sure if I want to see it – then a good review might convince me to give it a try.
- If someone tells you that you are too good for them, should you believe them? Yes. Yes yes yes. Believe them and WALK AWAY QUICKLY. Oh, how I wish I’d known that earlier in life…
- Who is the most famous person you ever met? Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on “Gilligan’s Island.” She was lovely and very talented.
- If you had to pick between the two, would you rather your partner have a habit of silent gratitude OR silent anger? Gratitude, absolutely.
- Is there any circumstance where you would speak up at a wedding when they asked if anyone knows why the couple should not get married? “Don’t marry him, he killed his other 3 wives, I just found their bodies!”
- Do you undervalue what you are, and overvalue what you are not? Get out of my mind!
- If you owned the restaurant, who would eat for free? Other than very close friends & family? The homeless. Police officers. Firefighters. Hungry children. And teachers. And military about to go overseas, or coming back. And… oh, I think I see why I don’t have a restaurant.
- Have you ever been mad at someone for something they did in a dream? Yes, isn’t it weird?
- Would you rather have someone very smart extremely mad at you OR someone very stupid extremely mad at you? The smart person, because they will probably just quietly poison me. The stupid kill in a messy and painful way. I may be watching too many murder mysteries…
- Name three things worth waiting in line for. Voting. Voting. Voting.
- Have you ever Googled yourself? Yes, it’s a weird experience. I recommend it.
- Do you think positive OR negative consequences would more likely motivate someone to lose 50 pounds? Would they be more determined to do so if they were given $50,000 if they succeeded OR if there would be a large nude billboard of them all over their hometown if they didn’t? Oh gosh. I think they would be motivated by the negative – who wouldn’t be!? – but I also think that positive consequences would give them a better shot at success. I am willing to try this if someone gives me $50,000.
- What do you spend too much time perfecting, when it doesn’t require perfection? Blog posts!